Also known as White Sandalwood or White Jade Orchid. It is a flowering hybrid not found in the wild and cultivated for ornamental use. The strongly fragrant flowers are popular particularly in tropical regions of Asia. Also used in medicine to relieve cough.
- This is Michelia alba with sweet strong fragrance of flowers.
- The fragrance is released in the early morning hours and lasts all day long, especially strong at night.
- It has creamy white blooms with 15-20 sepals, and petals which are deliciously fragrant. The flowers are highly prized by people and are often made into necklaces.
- Both the flowers and leaves are highly aromatic and can be used in fragrance production.
- Hardy to Zone 8 and higher for outdoors. Full or partial sun, minimum temperature 55�, everbloomer.