Vanilla Vine Orchid Plant - Most Popular Spice - 3" pot
Native almost to the tropics the range includes Mexico, Central America, West Indies, and Northern South America. The genus vanilla produces the world's most popular spice, a climbing member of the orchid family, the vanilla orchid is both terrestial and epiphytic, it grows in soil and other plants sending out aerial roots that capture water and nutrients. It is a rewarding experience to grow your own vanilla orchid, and have it produce gorgeous sweet pale yellow/green orchid flowers and hopefully the famous vanilla bean. This remarkable orchid is very easy to grow in the garden, greenhouse or very bright window, a well draining humus rich soil or redwood orchid bark. Humidity and temperatures no lower than 40 degrees. A relentless climber can grow to 50' in a few years, a truly exotic addition to the tropical garden, greenhouse, or window location.
Proper name: Vanilla Planifolia "Vanilla Vine"
- Very easy to grow in the garden, greenhouse or very bright window
- Source of the world's most popular spice, vanilla
- Produces gorgeous sweet pale yellow/green orchid flowers
- Proper name: Vanilla Planifolia "Vanilla Vine"
- The starter plant you will receive is growing in a 3" pot.