Bougainvillea 'Royal Purple' p.p
Who can resist the plumes of bright reddish purple flowers? Not only does 'Royal Purple' make a perfect sized standard, its upright growth is hardly ever without bloom. Unlike many bougainvilleas, this one is not a vine and has a shrubby, bushy growth habit. The brightly colored flowers are less sensitive to the shortening day length, so it flowers freely throughout the year. In fact, the blooms hold their color even with age. In the south, 'Royal Purple' can be used as a landscape plant.
Hardy to Zone 9 and higher for outdoors. In cooler regions grow indoors or place outdoors in the summer and indoors in the winter.
Full sun, grows to 2-3' in container, minimum temperature indoors 50�, everbloomer.
- Needs a bright, sunny spot indoors or out.
- Can go outdoors when the minimum temperature is above 50 degrees F.
- Keep evenly moist, not wet or dry.
- Easy to grow, indoors or out. Also makes a great bonsai!
- The starter plant you will receive is growing in a 3" pot